Nur-Mahal Kiram currently serves as the national vice president of the Anti-Crime Community Watch.
Kiram is running for senator under the Partido Federal ng Pilipinas, the party chaired by the late dictator’s son and namesake Ferdinand Marcos Jr. who is running for the presidency.
She is not, however, part of the official Senate slate of Marcos and his running-mate Sara Duterte, the current president’s daughter.
“Bilang isang prinsesa, bitbit ko ang karangalan ng aking pamilya, ng aking mga ninuno, at maging kinatawan ng lahat ng mga minorya, tribo, at indigenous people sa Senado. Karangalan ko na maging tinig ng bawat isa sa kanila. Kailangan nating baguhin ang maling nakasanayan, bigyan ng pagkakataon at maglingkod ang mga bagong pangalan.”
NUR-MAHAL TANGLAO KIRAM
Full Name: Nur-Mahal “Princess Light” Tanglao Kiram
Nickname: Princess Light
– Al-marhum Sultan Moh. Mahakuttah A. Kiram, 34th Sultan of Sulu
– Dayang-Dayang Merriam Tanglao Kiram, Princess of the South
– Dayang-Dayang Zuharra T. Kiram
– Dayang-Dayang Dinwasa T. Kiram Delos Santos
– Raja Muda Muedzul Lail Tan Kiram (head of Royal House of Sulu)
– Datu Yldon Tan Kiram
– Dayang-Dayang Ayesha T. Kiram
– Dayang-Dayang Tanya Rowena T. Kiram-Tahil
- Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication (Hons) Advertising, Universiti
- Tecknologi MARA (translated to MARA University of Technology) in Malaysia, 2002
- Honorary Doctorate in International Affairs, Norman Academy of the Ruggero II University, Italy (2010)
- President of JUNCA Global Philippines, a beauty salon company
- Chief Marketing Office (CMO) of JUNCA Phil.
- National Vice President of Anti-Crime Community Watch
- Director of Bioaromatics Philippines and owns the branches in Zamboanga, Balisan, Tawi-Tawi and Jolo areas
- Executive Director of National Environmental Development Federal Party of the Philippines, October 2019