Marieta Mindalano-Adam is a businesswoman, teacher, humanitarian volunteer, civic leader and advocate for Maharlikan Filipinos. She is also the granddaughter of the late Rep. Datu Amer Manalao Mindalano, the first representative of the undivided Lanao Province.
She is the president of the Maharaja Tabunawai Royal Descendants of the Philippines, Inc., which is composed of clan members tracing their descent from Radjah Tabunaway and his brother Radjah Mamalu who led the Rajadom or royal leaders in Maguindanao during the pre-colonial period.
Marieta Mindalano-Adam also sits as the president of the Kesultanan Melayu Mindanao Darussalam Philippines as well as chairman or ketua of the Malay organizations of the Philippines.
In February 2013, she and the traditional leaders of royal houses in the southern Philippines were invited by the peace panel chair Miriam Coronel-Ferrer to provide their input on their roles in building peace in the future Bangsamoro region during the negotiations for the Framework Agreement on the Bangsamoro. There, the traditional leaders stressed the importance of preserving customary laws and enhancing their function as a reference for the administration of justice and promotion of peace and order in the Bangsamoro.
For her first electoral campaign, Mindalano-Adam released an 11-point platform that includes political reforms such as shifting to federalism, strengthening the campaigns against insurgency, illegal drugs and corruption, economic recovery; and increased protections for overseas Filipino workers, and human rights of Indigenous Peoples. She is running for the Senate under the slate of Faisal Mangondato and Carlos Serapio’s tandem as well as the Kapamilya ng Manggagawang Pilipino Party-List.
MARIETA NORAISHA PANDING MINDALANO-ADAM
Full Name: Marieta Nor-Aisha Panding Mindalano-Adam
Nickname: Maharanee Permaisuri
Birthday: December 27, 1965 (Age 57)
Birthplace: Kapatagan, Lanao del Norte
Languages Spoken: Tagalog, English, Malay
– Datu Andamama Mindalano Mindalano, father (deceased), direct heir from the Sultanate of Uyaan Madamba Municipality
– Tengku Puteri Hadja Jumailiyah “Rempa” Ampaso Panding Binti Anggie, mother (deceased), royal keeper of the Royal House of Maharaja Tabunawai Clan
Siblings: Two siblings (both deceased)
Civil Status: Widow; Al Marhum Tuanku Hadji Abdullah Lihondo Esmael bin Mohammad Maulana Bin Qadhi Adam, the Maharaja Tabunawai II of Mindanao Darussalam Philippine (died on July 13, 2021)
Profession/Occupation: Humanitarian Volunteer
- Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education, Major in English, Mindanao Capitol College (2001)
- Doctorate degree in humanities (honoris causa), International Study for Global Leadership, Makati City (2017)
- Doctorate degree in humanities and development (honoris causa), Bruce Harvard Christian College, Cebu City (2019)
- President, Kesultanan Melayu Mindanao Darussalam Philippines
- Chairman/Ketua of the Malay organizations of the Philippines
- President, Maharaja Tabunawai Royal Descendants of the Philippines, Inc., 2009-present
- Secretary, Pertubahan Bangsa Melayu Filipina
- TV show host, Heritage TV Channel
- Country Resident/Manager of a UK-based international NGO (unnamed)
- Consultant/Representative and Partner, Komunitas Berkain Indonesia
- Chairman for the Philippines, Asia Pacific Royalty Association and Asia Pacific Royalty Foundation (Indonesia)
- Advisory Council, Sultanate of Banten & Kampar Kiri Riau, Indonesia
- Division Chief, Bureau of Cultural Heritage at the former ARMM, 2016-2017
- Executive Assistant II, Regional Governor of the former ARMM, 1993-1996
Since 2010, Minadalano-Adam has focused on humanitarian service, including acting as Country Resident/Manager of a non-government organization on Muslim aid based in the United Kingdom. She is also part of a number of Malay civic organizations.
She launched the Heritage TV Channel in March 2021, a digital educational zone exhibiting multicultural diversity and variants of heritage, tradition, customary laws, stories & history. She also hosts a program on cultural heritage. It is simulcast via Best TV and ATC International and posted on her social media channels.