Ariel Lim, also known as “Mr. Transport“, is the national convener of the National Public Transport Coalition which seeks protection and relief for public utility drivers during the COVID-19 pandemic. He also heads other transport sector groups such as the United Transport Alliance of the Philippines and the National Confederation of Tricycle Operators and Drivers Association of the Philippines.
His advocacy on public transport drivers’ welfare and the transportation sector involves consultancy work with the government, most recently with the office of Senator Grace Poe for the Public Services Committee.
Lim was among the nominees of NACTODAP Party-List in the 2016 elections. However, it was not among the 46 party-list groups who were granted seats in 2016, garnering only 24,407 or 0.08% of the total votes cast
He is a first-time Senate candidate, running as an independent who vows to use this position to provide wider representation to the country’s public transportation sector.
Lim is making limited policy proposals, citing his belief that he ought to consult constituents on what they want to be accomplished. He also wants to keep the reforms he has developed as a transportation sector leader private so prevent other candidates from copying his proposals.
“Ang layunin namin ay isulong ang kapakanan at karapatan ng bawat isang nabubuhay sa hanay ng transportasyon. Lahat ng transport sector ay nagkakaisa at nag-uugnayan para rito–land, air, tracks, and seas. Kung susumahin, lahat ‘yan nangangailangan ng tulong.”
ARIEL “ARIEL” PEÑA LIM
Full Name: Ariel Peña Lim
Nickname: Mr. Transport
Birthday: September 20, 1948 (Age 75)
Province: Muntinlupa City
Languages Spoken: Filipino, English
– Jose R. Lim (died December 2014)
– Helen P. Lim
– Arlene P. Lim
– Information on other siblings not available
Civil Status: Married
– Ariel Aedrian Limr
– Ariel Dave Lim
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, University of the East (1987)
- National Convener, National Public Transport Coalition, January 2020-present
- President, United Transport Alliance of the Philippines, September 2018 – present
- President, National Confederation of Tricycle and Transport Operators and Drivers Association on the Philippines, 1993 – present
- Committee Consultant, Senate of the Philippines, March 2018 – present
- Other advisory work noted in his Facebook bio:
- Meycauyan City Government, July 2014 – present
- Consultant for Public Transportation, League of Cities of the Philippines, July 2010 – July 2013
- Presidential Assistant on Public Transportation, Malacanang Palace; January 2002 – July 2010
- Political Assistant, House of Representatives, January 1997 – June 1998
- Consultant on Transport Cooperatives, Senate of the Philippines, July 1995 – January 1997
- Head Brand and Special Program, ExxonMobil, January 1993 – June 1995