Carlos G. Serapio is a lawyer running for vice president under the Katipunan ng Kamalayang Kayumanggi Party. He specializes in cross-border transactions between Japan and the Philippines in his legal practice and served numerous consultancy posts under the Aquino administration’s Office of the President.
He is campaigning on a platform of establishing a federal system of government and addressing the pandemic.
Carlos G. Serapio, who says he was arrested during the Martial Law regime of late ousted dictator Ferdinand Marcos, also works with labor and Christian movements.
Full Name: Carlos Gelacio. Serapio
Age: 71 (as of Oct. 4, 2021)
Profession or Occupation: Lawyer/Consultant
Languages Spoken: Filipino, English
Manuel Serapio (father), former judge
Grace Gelacio Serapio (mother)
Jose Serapio (grandfather), former first governor-general of Bulacan
Manuel Serapio Jr. (brother), doctor
Baby Serapio (sister)
Leilani Serapio (sister)
- LLB, University of the Philippines, 1975
- AB Political Science, Ateneo de Manila University, 1970
- Keio University, Tokyo Leadership Seminar for International Student Delegates 1970
- Serapio & de Castro Law Offices
- Office of the Executive Secretary of President Benigno Aquino – Lead of Consultant Pool
- Office of the Presidential Adviser on Political Affairs – Consultant
- National Coastwatch Center – Office of the President – Consultant
- United Nations Development Programme Local Democracy Project in Asia – Consultant
- USAID Inventory and Database Project for the Court of Tax Appeals -Project Manager
- Author, Christianism: A Philosophical Guide to Political Praxis
- Chair and operator, LABAN Poll Watching Operations Center (1978)
Serapio and de Castro Law Offices’ founder and managing partner is Carlos Gelacio Serapio. He is also a founder member of the Magnificat Movement and a Trustee of the Philippines’ Pueblo Maria Marian Mariological Society.
During Martial Law between 1978 and 1980, he was jailed while working for the Federation of Free Workers’ Legal Department. Serapio was the previous head of the consultant pool in President Benigno Aquino III’s Office of the Executive Secretary.
He was also a previous consultant for President Benigno Aquino III’s Office of the Presidential Adviser on Political Affairs.