Silvestre “Estring” Bello Jr. is running for a senatorial seat under the ruling party PDP-Laban. He was appointed as Isabela OIC governor by Local Government Secretary Luis T. Santos from 1987 until 1988.
He is the brother of former justice secretary Silvestre “Bebot” Bello III.
SILVESTRE HERNANDO BELLO JR. PROFILE
Full Name: Silvestre Hernando Bello Jr.
Birthdate: Apr. 10, 1934 (Age 88)
Birthplace: Santa, Ilocos Sur
- Silvestre Bello III, incumbent Labor Secretary
- Catherine Bello
- Bachelor of Laws, Manuel L. Quezon University
- Director, Acesite Hotel Corporation, 2009-2020
- Director of the Board of Association of Retired RTC Judges of the Philippines Inc.
- Executive Judge of the Regional Trial Court Caloocan City
- Regional Trial Court Judge, Branch 128, Caloocan City
- Regional Trial Court Judge, Branch 24, Echague, Isabela, 1992-1994
- Appointed OIC Provincial Governor of Isabela, Dec. 1987 – Feb. 1988
Silvestre Bello Jr., is a former judge, who last served as an executive judge of the Regional Trial Court Caloocan City from 2003 to 2004.
As a lawyer, Bello was appointed officer-in-charge governor of Isabela from December 1987 to February 1988 by local government Secretary Luis T. Santos to oversee the local elections.
He is the brother of Silvestre Bello III, the secretary of the Department of Labor and Employment. Initially, speculations arose about Secretary Bello substituting his brother’s candidacy for Senate but Secretary Bello eventually decided against running in 2022.
Bello is running for Senate under PDP-Laban but has not released a campaign platform as of this writing.
Then a lawyer, Bello was appointed as OIC governor of Isabela from December 1987 to February 1988 by local government Secretary Luis T. Santos to oversee the local elections.
He also served as RTC judge for Echague, Isabela from 1992 to 1994. He was also a RTC judge for Caloocan City; he was appointed as executive judge for the RTC of Caloocan City on Mar. 15, 2003. He retired on Apr. 10, 2004.
He then became Director of the Board of Association of Retired RTC Judges of the Philippines Inc.
Bello served as director of Acesite Hotel Corporation from 2009 to 2020. He was re-elected as director in November 2020 but shortly thereafter, submitted his resignation for health reasons.