Doctor Willie Ong is a Philippine cardiologist. He is a Cardiology consultant at Manila Doctor Hospital and at Makati Medical Center.
Willie Tan Ong was born on the 24th of October 1963 in Manila, Philippines; the son of Yong and Juanita Tan Ong.
Complete Name: William Tan Ong
Birthdate: October 24, 1963
Birthplace: Metro Manila, Philippines
Spouse: Dra. Anna Liza Ramoso
Education In 1992, Willie Tang Ong graduated from De La Salle College Medicine, Cavite, Philippines with a Doctor of Medicine degree. From 1994-1996 he studied at Manila Doctor Hospital, speciality in internal medicine. From 1997-1999, he studied at the University of Philippines, specialty in cardiology with a Master degree in Public Health (honorary), 2001.
- University of the Philippines Diliman (Bachelor of Science in Botany)
- De La Salle Medical and Health Sciences Institute (Cavite) (Medicine with specialization in internal medicine and cardiology)
- University of the Philippines Manila (2001) (Master in Public Health)
Doctor Willie Ong works as a Medical director at Pasay Filipino-Chinese Charity Health Center, Inc., Pasay City, Philippines, since 1998. He serves as a Cardiology consultant at Manila Doctor Hospital, since 2001 and at Makati Medical Center, Makati City, Philippines.
- 2010-2014 – Consultant, Department of Health (DOH)
- 2009-2017 – Host, Docs on Call, a radio prograom of DZRH
- 1999 – Chief Fellow, Philippine General Hospital
- 1996-1999 – Chief Resident Physicain, Manila Doctors Hospital
- 1991-present – Medical Director, Pasay Charity Health Center
- Columnist, Pilipino Star Ngayon
- Columnist, Philippine Star
- Founder, Movement of Idealistic and Nationalistic Doctors (MIND), a non-profit organization that seek to encourage and support doctors to stay in the country.
Achievements and Awards
He is a founder of Co Tec Tai Medical Museum and Movement of Idealistic and Nationalistic Doctor, Manila. He is a Fellow of Philippine College Cardiology and Philippine College of Physicians (Presidential award 2003, 2005).
- 2007 – Outstanding Filipino Physician Award by the Department of Health and JC International Senate
- 2003 & 2005 – Presidential Award by the Philippine College of Physicians
- Affordable Medicine and Free Consultation
- Improve Health Facilities
- Legalization of Marijuana